The aims of the KVKs are to plan and conduct surveys of the operational areas through Rapid Rural Appraisal (RRA) or Participatory Rural Appraisal (PRA) methods to make an inventory and characterize the physical and human resources with special reference to identification of technological needs and training of the farming community.
The main objectives are
1. To compile all relevant recommendations or package of practices for the district to be meaningfully utilized in training rogrammes and the follow-up extension activities.
2. To plan and conduct production oriented and need-based short-as well as long-duration training course both on the campus and in the villages for various target groups, with priority on the source-poor sections.
1. Collaboration with the SMS of SAUs, CAUs, Scientist of the regional Research Station and the state extension personnel in On - farm training, refining and documenting technologies for developing region specific sustainable land use system.
2. Organize training to update the extension personnel with emerging advances in agricultural research on regular basis.
3. Organize short and long term vocational training course in agricultural and allied locations for farmers and rural youths with emphasis on "Learning by doing" for higher production on farms and generating self employment.
4. Organize Front Line Demonstration on various crops to generate production data and feed back information
DR. Rakesh Kr. Chaurasia - Principal Scientist & Head
Mr. Wapangtoshi - CTO (Plant Protection)
Dr. Kundan Kumar - Subject Matter Specialist
Ms. Edenly Chishi - CTO (Horticulture)
Dr. Visakho Shunyu - CTO (Agronomy)
Dr. Sentimenla - ACTO (Soil Science)
Dr. Nonguthung Ezung - Subject Matter Specialist
Mr. Imnameren - Sr. Technical Officer (Computer)
Ms. Naropongla - Technical Officer (Farm)
Ms. Narola Anichari - Technical Officer (Programme)
Miss. Tiarenla - Jr. Steno Cum Compt. Operator
Mr. Wepretso Marhu - Driver Cum Mechanic